Shalom Center assists and empowers community members with information and resources to help secure and retain affordable housing solutions for themselves and their families.
Information and referrals
- Referrals to community resources and programs that provide housing assistance
- Referrals to community resources and programs that provide for household needs
- Affordable housing options
- Fair Housing
Housing Navigation and Case Management
These services are for families experiencing homelessness who are referred to and qualify for the Wisconsin Housing Support Services Program. This housing support initiative provides Wisconsin Medicaid an opportunity to partner with the Shalom Center, to improve health equity and outcomes through addressing homelessness and housing instability.
- Housing consultation to assess a family’s housing needs
- Transition and sustaining supports to assist in finding, securing, and maintaining housing
- Relocation support to provide security deposits, utility activation fees and other relocation necessities.
Rent Basics Class
Learn the basics of how the renting process works, budget creation and your rights and responsibilities as a renter. This class is open to the community with pre-registration. Class dates/times will be posted here when available.