Emergency Family Shelter (EFS)
The Emergency Family Shelter provides shelter for individuals experiencing homelessness that have minor children. We know that families that stay together, grow together. Our family shelter contains 8 individual rooms as well as a full size kitchen, bathroom & shower facilities, as well as a full size indoor and outdoor playground.
If you are a family seeking shelter, please call (262) 658-1713 ext 131.
When people come to us or call us in their time of need, we work hard to divert them from homelessness by creatively problem solving with them. This is a process called “diversion”. When we can’t successfully divert them from homelessness and we have bed availability, they become a resident through our “intake” process.
Our staff assess what resources and programs are available to them to help them on their journey towards self-sufficiency and permanent housing.
During their time with Shalom Center, residents meet with their assigned case manager to set goals, find programs, and keep on track towards different milestones.
Supportive Services in Shelter
- Financial help such as monthly budgeting, workshops, and training
- Help with coordinating medical and other appointments
- Education through workshops
- Mentoring and support
- Volunteer and employment opportunities
- Referrals for legal assistance
- Assistance to apply for medical, TANF/W-2, FSET and other mainstream benefits
- Life skills workshops
- Parenting and nurturing workshops
DO YOU NEED SHELTER?
Please call (262) 658-1713
Ext. 130. (Individual)
Ext. 131 (Family)